Friday, February 13, 2015

Give things another life




 
This really was a $10.00, almost new oak desk. I got it at an estate sale, one of my favorite places to go. I am always a little sad because it's almost always the end to someone's else's dream. Much loved and cared for possessions. The other side of any sale is I get to have some fun making my shabby Kerry stuff. Paint it, sand spots, beat it up some and use stain to enhance the now old dressing table. An old mirror I bought 20 years ago is perfect. It was bought without the dresser. The old handles were taken from old broken treasures. Nothing is safe when I get a great idea! The old chair is one of two I have had for many years, recovering when I find a fabric I can't pass up. I am almost never short on ideas, I have had some dry spells, but they are short lived. Life should never be taken so serious, fun and learning is the key to so many joy's. My Howard and I have become a great team at yard sales and such, he now looks at the bottom for trade marks, So funny!! I feel the need to say more about the team work for a happy and successful life. The thing is we are all so different and I have no business giving advice. I can only write about me and mine, so when I go to far pull me back!! I am only enjoying sharing my days.      

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice. Good hit.

Anonymous said...

Sis. I had to comment as Anonymous. Not sure why. Am having so much trouble. Files gone, favorites gone. What a mess.

Dreamer said...

Thanks sis, Love you and miss you xxxxxx