Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Having MS and dealing

 
I got my old radio out of storage today. I do love it and it works!! It plays records on one side, I still have my records from the good old days. I am sure the kids would look at it like "what do you do with that"! I have MS and have been sick for most of my life. My home and the old things in it bring me great pleasure. It is so pretty, it helps clam my body and sprite. I think you should use candles, use fresh flowers and play the old classics, the great composers and the big band days. Yes, I admit I love long hair music. I clean non-stop, I use it to chase away the pain, it works too! The more I work the better I feel, until the dark comes. At night I take a hand full of medicines, this includes the ones for pain. I have to give myself shots, sub cutaneous shots burn and welt into small apple size welts. I the to give these under my arm, tops of my legs, my hips and my stomach. The welts last for 3 to 4 days and it is important to rotate, giving time for the area to get ready for the next shot, ouch! Because my MRI came back with too much brain activity I have no choice. I cry and my husband holds me and the ice packs in the red hot spot. I take at least one day a week to feel sorry for myself and then get back to looking for a good tomorrow. I hate the thought my daughter, Dee, has such a big chance of the same illness. She has so many of the same signs. My wonderful Howard has helped and loved me through 42 years of this. He is my soul mate and my best friend. For better or worse, in sickness or health, for the rest of our lives. He had a little locket engraved for me on our first anniversary "As one always". He writes it on every card or letter he gives me, he is all to me. With all the exacerbations, depression,blindness, headaches, falling and breaking ribs, skinned knees and he is there to lead or pick me up. We don't know what's ahead, but we will deal with it as it comes. It takes a strong man. Thank you my sweet husband. xxxxxx      

No comments: