Saturday, February 28, 2015

Lemon Tree

 
My lemon tree! I knew the first thing I wanted in California was a lemon tree and I have one. It has almost doubled in size, I had one bloom last fall. We haven't really had what I have always known as Winter here yet. The lady (Vicky) next door has roses in her yard, red roses. I am doing a small battle with a squirrel right now, it is hiding its nuts in my flower beds. I am winning with the help of coffee grounds, something Dee taught me. We do have a problem with oranges & lemons cross pollenating with each other. We have the biggest, sweetest, orange lemons I have ever seen. The thorns are long and sharp, this I have never known. I have lots of yard work to do this spring, planting and painting, so much! I think a yard tells a lot about a person, I like medal, wood, brick and rust kind of a person. The more rust the better for me. The mobile home will be yellow and go great with the lemons! Now all I have to do is wait until Spring to get busy, I will work on my room until then.    
   

No comments: